Genevieve Ackland – Senior Speech Pathologist
Genevieve Ackland is an experienced Speech Pathologist who worked for The Department of Education and Early Childhood Development within schools as well as several leading Private Practices in Melbourne before commencing with Robyn Stephen & Associates in 2014.
Genevieve has worked with clients from preschool age to adolescents and she has a passion for working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. She has experience working in the areas of:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder diagnosis and intervention
- Delayed speech and language
- Pragmatics/Social skills
- Fluency (stuttering)
- Childhood apraxia of speech ( CAS)
- Auditory processing difficulties
- Reading/learning disorders and;
- Funding assessments/applications.
Genevieve has additional training in:
- The Developmental Individual Relationship (DIR) – Floortime; a model of understanding the child as a whole and developing emotional engagement for the most effective learning
- Lidcombe Program for Early stuttering
- Hanen (It Takes 2 to Talk)
- The Secret Agent Society Social skills program
- Picture Exchange System training
Genevieve is a highly organised and motivated professional committed to providing excellence in speech pathology services. She enjoys undertaking any new opportunities and challenges and has the necessary skills to adapt to new situations. She is a strong team player and has the ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary team environments. Genevieve’s focus is very much client centered and she aims to make a positive difference to each client and their family.